This is what we call Hokkaido!
River Smelt Ice Fishing and Cooking Tempura on Frozen River!!
Hokkaido’s winter tradition – Ice Smelt Fishing is available for anyone who has half a day free!
Just keep yourself warm, and anyone – from children to women – can join with empty hands since our services include snow pants and boots, tent, fishing tool rentals, change rooms, restrooms, and local fishing guides.
Smelt Fishing isn't so easy at first but once you get the hang of it, it is super fun!
Why don't you compete with your friend & family how many fish you can catch?
It surely would make your winter holiday a truly unforgettable and tasty one!
[Why you should join this?]
*You can taste the Tempra of the fresh fishes you just caught on the frozen river
*Pickup and Drop-off service is included from and to JR Sapporo Station
*Free-rental of snow pants and boots are included
*Local professional fishing guide will kindly teach you how to fish
*Lunch is included in the Morning Couse
*You still have a half free-day before or after this tour
2020-01-16 - 2020-03-15
[Afternoon Course] 4 to 11, 15,16, 22 to 24, 29 Feb. 2020
[Afternoon Course] 4 hours
09:05am Meet at "Kane-no-Hiroba" near JR Sapporo Station North Exit
09:15am Depart from JR Sapporo Station
09:45am Arrive at the river and change clothes
10:15am-12:00pm Ice fishing and Tasting smelt fish tempura
12:15pm-1:00pm Lunch (Beefsteak)
01:40pm Arrive at JR Sapporo Station
[Afternoon Course] 4 hours
12:50pm Meet at "Kane-no-Hiroba" near JR Sapporo Station North Exit
01:00pm Depart from JR Sapporo Station
01:30pm Arrive at the river and change clothes
02:00pm-3:45pm Ice fishing and Tasting smelt fish tempura
05:00pm Arrive at JR Sapporo Station
* Schedule might be changed due to traffic, weather or other conditions.
Morning Course / Child (ages 6 to 11):7,500 yen
Morning Course / Infant (ages 4 to 5):5,500 yen
Afternoon Course / Adult:7,500 yen
Afternoon Course / Child (ages 6 to 11):6,500 yen
Afternoon Course / Infant (ages 4 to 5):5,000 yen
Tent and stool
Fishing guide and assistants
Tasting “Wakasagi” Fish Tempura
Transfer service from and to JR Sapporo Station (by bus or taxi)
*Lunch (Morning Course only) -- Beefsteak with rice and miso soup or kids meal for infants. Please let us know in advance if you have any food allergies or preferences.
[Free-rental gear] *Please let us know your size in advance.
- Snow pants [Unisex: M/L/LL/LLL]
- Waterproof boots [23/24/25/26/27/28cm]
*They are limited numbers of sizes
*No rental gear for children
- The guide/instructor will explain in easy/simple English.
Minimum: 2 participants *Single traveler's inquiry is also acceptable
Maximum: 40 participants
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Pregnant women are not allowed to participate since there are slippery
- All the people who go to the venue are required to pay the tour fee.
*This tour may be canceled if only a single participant booked by 5 days prior, or weather or ice condition is not safe.
Show Big Map
- Thick down jacket
- Snow pants (Free-rental is available)
- Waterproof boots (Free-rental is available)
- Warm gloves
- Warm socks (Two or more layers are recommended)
- Cap or hood that covers your ears
- Pocket warmer
- Reading glasses. Fishing bait is tiny!
*When the tour is canceled due to weather or ice conditions, we will inform you of the day. Please make sure that you are reachable on your mobile phone or via a hotel's phone at the time below.
- Morning Course 8:00am-8:15am on the day
- Afternoon Course 11:50am-12:00pm on the day
- This is a shared tour. You will share a vehicle and a fishing tent with other participants.
- No refund applies even if you can't catch a single fish.
- You can't join this tour without riding a vehicle we arranged.
- The venue may be changed due to the ice condition.
- Please do not let your children out of your sight.
- Please take your rubbish home with you.
- The fishing tent is flammable, so please keep the fire away.
This program belongs to Hokkaido Treasure Island Travel inc.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before you apply.
Cancellations made by customers will be subject to the following penalty fees:
* 4-3 days before: 20%
* 2 days before: 30%
* 1 day before: 40%
* On the day: 50%
* On the day or No show: 100%
- *Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
- *Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
- *Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
We offer various exciting private tours for sightseeing and experience-based tours. Please contact us.
Pick-up service available from JR Sapporo Station! Let's go to Ice Fishing!!
Company:Treasure Island Short Trips
Address:9F Daito Building 8-1 Minami 2-jo Higashi 2-chomeChuo-ku, Sapporo Hokkaido
- Winter Specialties
- Ice Fishing
- Dog Sledding
- Snow Tubing / Igloo Making
- Snow Rafting / Banana Boat
- Winter Sky Sport
- Winter Horse Riding
- Drift Ice Walk
- Ice Walk / Ice Diving
- Photo Tour
- Winter Canoeing
- Winter Bike Riding
- Snow Drifting
- Nature Watching
- Snowshoeing / Skishoeing
- Ski / Snowboard
- Snowcat Tour
- Backcountry Riding
- Activity + Taxi Packages
- Terrestrial Activities
- Freshwater Activities
- Saltwater Activities
- Sky/Aerial Activities
- Agro/Fishery Experiences
- Activity + Taxi Packages