8-hour private tour with an English-speaking local licensed guide. You'll visit Otaru Canal, Sakaimachi Street, Tanaka Sake Brewery and other landmarks, learning each background. You can choose public transportation to minimize the cost or having a chartered car to make it more comfortable and convenient. Our friendly guide will accommodate the itinerary upon your request and answer your questions about foods, culture, life or anything else you're interested in.
Tanaka Sake Brewery Kikkogura
The stone buildings that were built for the Tanaka Sake Brewery Kikkogura in 1905 have been designated as historic buildings by the city of Otaru. Enjoy free samples of Shiboritate Nama Genshu (fresh Japanese Sake) and 10 other kinds of sake made right on the premises.
Otaru Canal was built in the 1920s as a channel connecting warehouses and the Port of Otaru, which thrived as the gateway to Hokkaido during the period of land reclamation. Stone-built warehouses and gas lamps stand along the 1140-meter-long canal, recalling the area’s heyday.
Sakaimachi Street is for shopping! You can enjoy the biggest Musical box museum in Japan, Kitaichi glass where you can purchase a variety of beautiful glass and even you can have tea time with famous Otaru sweets like LeTAO, Rokkatei, and Kitakarou! You might see the colorful ice cream which you never ever seen before!
Otaru Triangle (Sankaku) Market
"Sankaku", it’s mean the triangle. The origin of the name is that the land and the roof is in the form of a triangle. Just 1 min from the JR Otaru station, then you can enjoy very fresh seafood like the salmon, salmon roe and sea urchin. Please enjoy your lunch here with delicious Hokkaido local food!
＊Optional for with Chartered Vehicle
The Old Aoyama Villa (Kihinkan)
The villa is a symbol of herring fishing history in Otaru which took 6 years to be completed. The traditional alcoves and the gorgeously sculptured fanlights are built-in rosewood (Shitan) or Japanese cedar and or so. The paintings and calligraphy on the sliding doors in various rooms are genuine treasures. They were created by Gyokudo Kawai, a great master of Japanese painting working with his disciples.
All season program
Meet your guide at the accommodation you will be staying in
Go to Otaru by train or chartered vehicle
Tanaka Sake Brewery "Kikkogura"
Lunch at a local restaurant
Sakaimachi Street --- Musical Box Shop, Kitachi Glass Shop, LeTAO
Sankaku seafood market
Return to Sapporo
Arrive at the accommodation you will be staying in
*Schedule and destinations may be changed due to the traffic or weather condition.
[Option] Sedan for 1-3 ppl (per group):53,000 yen
[Option] Van for 3-8 ppl (per group):62,000 yen
[Option] Minibus for 9-18 ppl (per group):90,000 yen
[Option] Upgrade to Professional guide (per group):15,000 yen
- Local taxes
- Chartered Sedan, Van, or Bus with Driver
- Entrance fees
- [Guide only] Transportation for you and your guide: Train 1,500 yen per person, Taxi about 3,000 yen per taxi
- [Sedan / Van / Bus] Highway fee 2,480-2,740 yen and Parking fee 1,500-2,000 yen
- [Otaru pickup and Drop-off] 2500 yen *Transportation for your guide (and vehicle) from/to Sapporo
[Others:] by Cash or credit card on the day
- Maximum: 6 people for Guide only / 3 people for Sedan / 8 people for Van / 18 people for Bus
- Otaru (Additional fee 2500 yen applies for the transportation to Otaru for your guide)
- JR Sapporo Station
- Rainwear or umbrella for a rainy day
- [Dec-Mar] Winter gear and snow boots with non-slippery soles for icy roads
A credit card guarantee is required to book a restaurant if your group has more than 5 people or you request a specific restaurant.
This program belongs to Hokkaido Treasure Island Travel.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before you apply.
- 2 days before: 30%
- 1 day before: 40%
- On the day, before the starting time: 50%
- On the day, after the starting time or No show: 100%
*Bookings cannot be regarded as canceled until you have received an email confirmation from us.
- *Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
- *Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
- *Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
We offer various exciting private tours for sightseeing and experience-based tours. Please contact us.
Explore the city at your pace without other people. Let us know what you're interested in then our friendly guides will accommodate the itinerary for you.
Company:Treasure Island Short Trips
Address:9F Daito Building 8-1 Minami 2-jo Higashi 2-chomeChuo-ku, Sapporo Hokkaido
- Terrestrial Activities
- Freshwater Activities
- Saltwater Activities
- Sky/Aerial Activities
- Agro/Fishery Experiences
- Winter Specialties
- Ice Fishing
- Dog Sledding
- Snow Tubing / Igloo Making
- Snow Rafting / Banana Boat
- Winter Sky Sport
- Winter Horse Riding
- Drift Ice Walk
- Ice Walk / Ice Diving
- Photo Tour
- Winter Canoeing
- Winter Bike Riding
- Snow Drifting
- Nature Watching
- Snowshoeing / Skishoeing
- Ski / Snowboard
- Snowcat Tour
- Backcountry Riding
- Activity + Taxi Packages
- Activity + Taxi Packages