Let's get to know the Japanese crane! This is an all season tour which provides the possibility to see the Kushiro wetlands and lets us realize the symbiosis of nature and humans while observing the Japanese crane.
Lots of people may only know Japanese cranes at feeding area.
How do they live in the nature? What's relation wtih nature environment and human beings? You will know more about Japanese Cranes in this program.
2019-11-01 - 2020-02-28
*Minimum 2 participants (in the case of less than 2 participants, we will inform and consult with you one day in advance).
*Toro Nature Center is located in the south side of Toro-ko lake. By car about 45 mins from JR Kushiro Station; about 1 hour from Kushiro Airport.
Show Big Map
- The course will take place in a national park. Please follow the guide's instruction at all times for safety reasons and respect towards our natural surroundings.
- Usually this activity is not cancelled or changed due to drastic weather changes. However, if there is an alarm notice by the National Meteorological Agency (typhoon, flooding etc.) this activity may be cancelled.
We believe that making a reservation is like making a promise between our guests and us. Therefore in the case of unavoidable circumstances there is no cancellation fee. However if you do not cancel at least 24 hours beforehand there will be a 100% cancellation fee, so please inform us as early as possible about any changes or cancellations.
- *Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
- *Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
- *Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
Deep emotions, excitement and lasting impressions! Words can't describe the beauty of these spectacular natural wetlands. Come and feel for yourself the beauty and wonder of the natural surroundings found in the Kushiro wetlands!
It is often said that the Japanese crane can only be seen in the winter time, but actually you can meet him in all seasons.
Company:Toro Nature Center
Address:86-17 Kita 7-sen, ToroShibecha-cho, Kawakami-gun Hokkaido
- Terrestrial Activities
- Freshwater Activities
- Saltwater Activities
- Sky/Aerial Activities
- Agro/Fishery Experiences
- Winter Specialties
- Ice Fishing
- Dog Sledding
- Snow Tubing / Igloo Making
- Snow Rafting / Banana Boat
- Winter Sky Sport
- Winter Horse Riding
- Drift Ice Walk
- Ice Walk / Ice Diving
- Photo Tour
- Winter Canoeing
- Winter Bike Riding
- Snow Drifting
- Nature Watching
- Snowshoeing / Skishoeing
- Ski / Snowboard
- Snowcat Tour
- Backcountry Riding
- Activity + Taxi Packages
- Activity + Taxi Packages