Otaru is a port city with a historical atmosphere. Please enjoy spending quality time wearing a traditional Japanese kimono. You will also have the opportunity to take many wonderful pictures!
Many elements of traditional Japanese atmosphere remain in Otaru, making it a perfect place for sightseeing.
Don’t miss this chance to walk around and take pictures while wearing a kimono.
At "Beauty Shop & Kimono Rental Twinkle" your kimono will be fitted by a professional kimono fitter. It will not feel tight while you’re walking but also will not lose its form.
A beautician will make up your hair, and we have handbags, folding fans, and small accessories to complete the feel of your outfit
Even your Japanese zori sandals will be made for comfortable walking, allowing you to comfortably enjoy your day.
Otaru features many great photo-taking spots including brick storehouses lining canals, a small glass-blowing shop, and a shop which sells handmade music boxes!
With many old buildings lining the street, “Sakai Machi Dori St.” is a standout among Otaru’s many wonderful spots!!
Even now, many of these buildings contain cafes and souvenir shops. Simply walking through the area will be very enjoyable.
You can enjoy the full day at a gradual pace, so you’ll be able to see all of the town of Otaru.
If you keep your eyes open and walk deliberately, you might even find your very own secret photo-taking spot!?
Don’t miss this chance to wear a kimono and make wonderful memories in Otaru!
- *Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
- *Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
- *Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
All season program
* Closed Tuesdays and every third Wednesday
- Get dressed and Hair set. (It will take about 30 minutes per person.)
- Walk Around Otaru City.(Until 5:30pm)
Otaru has all the quintessential features of a historic town:
brick warehouses along the beautiful canals, small blown glass shops, and even stores that sell hand-crafted music boxes.
- 5:30pm Come back to the "Twinkle", Get changed into your own clothes.
- Tour ends
- Please let us know your preferred time.
* Besides the above times, we can accommodate to suit your schedule.
* Please come back to the "Twinkle" by 5:30pm.
* If you would like to extend the time, you will be charged an additional fee.(1,080 yen / 30 minutes)
- Dressing time will vary depending on the number of people.
- The above course times is just a rough estimate.
[Option] Upgrade kimono:5,400 yen
- Hair set
- Japanese accessories (sandals, bags) rental
- Sales tax
* We are enrolled in the Travel Accident Compensation System.
- Advance Payment by overseas bank transfer.
(Japanese yen only. Please pay the additional bank transfer fee.)
* Note: Payment is due 3 days before the tour date.
* If you would like to book for 5 people or more, please call us for details.
* The size of the Kimono is limited. (Approximately the height of 140 cm to 190 cm.)
Otherwise, the kimono will not fit.
* If children would like to participate,
they may do so with their parents or guardian.
Photography by a professional cameraman is also possible.
50 shots: 21,600 yen , 100 shots: 27,000 yen
Photo-taking locations include spots such as Sakai Machi Dori St., the area around the canal, and Otaru Food Village. If you are interested please let us know.
It is 7-minute walk from JR Otaru Station.
Show Big Map
We need to know the gender, height, weight, and shoe size of each participant.
Please let us know by writing it down in the comments/questions section.
This program belongs to Hokkaido Treasure Island Travel inc.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before you apply.
Cancellations made by customers will be subject to the following penalty fees:
* 2-3 day before the tour: 20% of the tour fee
* 1 day before the tour: 40% of the tour fee
* On the day of the tour: 50% of the tour fee
* No show on the day: 100% of the tour fee