No.4449Experience a DOG SLEDDING Tour in Tokachi ♪ (12km)
- Obihiro / Tokachi
Basic Plan: 2 adults:34,560 yen
High Season: 2 adults:35,640 yen
Low Season: 2 adults:33,480 yen
* We have other plans.
Please get more information from
[Program details] below.
15 Dec 2017 - 25 March 2018 Required
Approx. 2 hours
※Dog sledding：40-60 min
A 12km long dog sledding tour through Tokachi's vast snow fields!
We specialize in dog sled tours.
"Basic Plan" is for a dog sled ride with 1-3 people.
Let's go for a 12km ride! Our guide will accompany you by snowmobile for the entire tour.
First timers are also welcome. We will guide and support you for maximum fun!
"Sprint Sled Dog Challenge Plan" is for a single rider. It allows you to go much faster.
Feel the power of our Alaskan Huskies!
We will take photos and videos of your tour. You can download them for free from our customers-only webpage later.
We in Mushing Works are more than happy to customize your tour to accommodate children and beginners,
to setting up a more challenging course for the more experienced. It's safe and fun for everybody!
High Season - Every Sat. & Sun.; Dec. 22-31,2017; Jan. 1-8, 2018; Feb. 6-12, 2018
Low Season - Mar. 12-21, 2018
Let's race through the snowfields! What a view!
Our course length totals 12 km. A totally white snowfield, a path in the woods, long straight line paths or thrilling tight curves...You won't be bored!
Our custom dog sled accommodates two people. Both can control the sled at the same time.
|Program||Experience a DOG SLEDDING Tour in Tokachi ♪ (12km)|
1) Basic Plan: 2 adults:34,560 yen
|Available time period||
2017-12-15 - 2018-03-25
|Available time period Detail||***High Season***
- Every Sat. & Sun.
- Dec. 22-31,2017
- Jan. 1-8, 2018
- Feb. 6-12, 2018
- Mar. 12-21, 2018
|Required time||Approx. 2 hours
※Dog sledding：40-60 min
※includes changing clothing, instruction, tea time after tour
|group / party||Up to 3 people|
|Requirements for participation||* Adult: Weight 30kg and over.
* Child: Weight less than 30kg.
* Child: Ages 2 and under cannot join.
* Members total weight must be under 160kg per 1 sled.
* "Sprint Sled Dog Challenge Plan" participants must be adults.
<< Combination >>
- 2 Adults
- 1 Adult + 1 Youth [6-9 yeas old]
- 3 Adults
- 2 Adult + 1 Youth [6-9 yeas old]
- 2 Adult + 1 Children [3-5 yeas old]
- 1 Adult + 2 Youth [6-9 yeas old]
- 1 adult/Self Driven or With instructor
- 1 adult/Sprint Sled Dog Challenge Plan
■Basic Plan Adult / Child
1-3 guests ride on our original dog sled
You can change position freely.
* Our tour is based on 2 Adults per sled.
If you participate in the groups of three, one of you will ride on snowmobile with our guide.
On the way you can change sled driver when we often stop.
So all of you have a chance to be driver a dog sled!
The guide will assist you by snowmobile at all times.
■Sprint Sled Dog Challenge Plan for only Adult (Afternoon session only)
High Speed Mushing with Single Dog Sled!
This program is only for those who have some experience dog sledding before or experience Snow Sport ( ski, snowboarding, etc), MTB, Surfing, Horse back Riding, etc, or repeat customer.
|Things to bring / required items||If you need extra warm clothes or have difficulty in bringing everything you need, you can borrow outer wear clothing, winter boots, hats, and winter gloves free of charge. Ski wear is perfect for this activity.
It is recommended that you wear long underwear (top and bottom), preferably non-cotton.
100% cotton doesn't hold heat very well, making it difficult to maintain a steady body temperature.
Jeans or cotton outerwear are not good for this type of activity. Socks and hats should be wool, fleece, or other synthetic fabrics that will keep you warm.
Bring sunglasses, ski goggles, etc.
Please ask us if you have any questions regarding what to wear.
|Included in this fee||Guide fee, activity fee, outdoor insurance fee, taxes,
|Not included in fees||Lunch
*We can arrange a lunch upon request for those who participate for the entire day. Please let us know at the time of booking.
|Meeting location||Mushing Works Kennel|
|Address of meeting location||
Urimaku Nishi 31-25 ,Shikaoi-cho, Kato-gun, Hokkaido
Shintoku JR station by JR Express train(2 hours from Sapporo)
-*No pick up service available. please take a taxi from JR shintoku station to Mushing Works.
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||No Pick up / Drop off service|
|Payment method||Paid in advance:
VISA, MASTER CARD, AMEX and PayPal.
* High Season *
1) Every Sat. & Sun, 2)Dec. 22-31,2017, 3)Jan. 1-8, 2018, 4)Feb. 6-12, 2018
* Low Season *
5) Mar. 12-21, 2018
Please note that when you complete the application form
it may indicate cash as the method of payment.
“Mushing Works” will contact you via e-mail regarding further information. For bank transfers, please use the name of the person who is heading the group.
Handling fee must be paid by the customer.
highlights in this area
|If you are visiting us after mid January, we recommend that you go to Kotan on Lake Shikaribetsu. Check it out!
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 5 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Welcome to Mushing Works Sled Dog Tours. We offer the best and the long distance dog sledding tours in Hokkaido.You can enjoy dog sledding with our friendly huskies, and beautiful scenary of Tokachi snowfield.
We have started dog sledding tours since 2012. We are the only one operating Dog Sledding tours in Tokachi area, Hokkaido. We would like to share such a wonderful experience of dog sledding on the vast white Tokachi plains.
Company:MUSHING WORKS SLED DOG TOURS
Address:Urimaku Nishi31-25 Katogun Shikaoi Hokkaido, JapanShikaoi-cho, Kato-gun Hokkaido