No.4273The Shimmering Ocean Blue Cave of Otaru, Glass Bottom Boat Tour
Adult: 6,000 yen
Child (ages 6 to 11): 3,000 yen
Child (ages 0 to 5): 300 yen
Private Charter: 72,000 yen
29 Apr. - 8 Oct. 2018 Required
1 hour Language Japanese,English
The most popular exploration activity in Otaru! Allow yourself to be lured in to a dark cave, to find a glowing turquoise blue mysteriously shining in the darkness.
This is the only tour in Otaru that takes you to the Blue Cave in a "Glass Boat" where you can see the ocean floor beneath you.
The boat has a big roof and side seats for you to enjoy a comfortable cruise without being splashed by the waves.
After departure from "Shukutsu Marina", you can enjoy the surrounding views of the area on the way to the blue cave.
The boat slows down at popular view spots such as the 2 meter high rock island called "Todo(Sea Lion) Rock", and near the entrance of the blue cave, so everyone can have time to see both above and below the ocean. Of course, you also have plenty of time to enjoy the main attraction, the Blue Cave itself, with mysterious turquoise waters.
*Note: Some of the proceeds of the tour's revenue will be used for environmental conservation activities of the ocean.
English or 繁體中文 guide texts are provided describing the highlights of the tour, so you don't need to understand Japanese to enjoy!
Jump in our "Glass Boat" to see the ocean floor of Otaru through our glass windows below the ship! What a different view under the sea!
The meeting place "Shukutsu Marina" is just a 5 min walk from Otaru Aquarium. We recommend seeing the ocean animals there before or after the ocean tour. Otaru Aquarium opening hours: 9am to 5pm (last entry 4:30pm). Admission: Adults 1,400yen, Children (6-14) 530yen, Children (3-5) 210yen.
|Program||The Shimmering Ocean Blue Cave of Otaru, Glass Bottom Boat Tour|
|Available time period||
2018-04-29 - 2018-10-08
|Available time period Detail||29 April - 8 October 2018|
|Required time||1 hours|
|Schedule||[ Sample Tour Schedule ]
8:45am Meeting at Shukutsu Marina
9:00am-10:00am "Blue Cave Tour"
10:00am Finish the tour
< Tour Schedule >
5. 4:30pm-5:30pm (Available from 29th Apr. to 10th Sep.)
* We can accommodate to suit your schedule in above "Blue Cave Boat Cruising" Available Times. Please let us know your preferred time.
* Schedule might be changed due to weather or other conditions.
|Requirements for participation||Minimum: 2 participants (except for the children of 0-5 years of age)
* Children must be accompanied with adults.
|Things to bring / required items||- We recommend you to bring long sleeves.
(Sometimes you feel cold depending on the weather.)
|Included in this fee||Tour fee
* We are enrolled in the Travel Accident Compensation System.
|Not included in fees||Personal expenses|
|Meeting location||Shukutsu Marina|
|Address of meeting location||
197 Shukutsu 3 Chome,Otaru, Hokkaido
< CAR >
*From JR Otaru Station, 20 mins by car (Taxi fare is about 2,000 yen)
* Please use the parking lot at the Shukutsu Marina. (Free of charge)
< Bus >
*From [JR Otaru Station] to [Shukutsu]
After getting off [Shukutsu] bus stop, then walk 1 min.
*Please take [Hokkaido Chuo Bus] from [Otaru Bus Terminal Plathome No.3].
*Please take a bus Otaru Aquarium Line (No.10) or Shukutsu Line (No.11)
Otaru Bus Terminal--> Shukutsu Bus Stop
8:10am --> 8:30am (Holiday 8:20am --> 8:40am)
9:50am --> 10:10am
12:50pm --> 1:10pm
2:10pm --> 2:30pm
3:50pm --> 4:10pm
Adult 220 yen, Child(Ages 6 to 11) 110 yen, Ages 6 or under: free
*Timetable and fare may be subject to change without notice.
So please kindly double check to the station directly.
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||No pick-up and drop-off service available|
|Payment method||- Advance Payment by online credit card.
- Advance Payment by overseas bank transfer.
(Japanese yen only. Please pay the additional bank transfer fee.)
* Note: Payment is due 2 days before the tour date.
- The guide/instructor don't speak English.
- Announcement during the tour is only Japanese.
We will provide you instruction written by English or 繁體中文.
Travel conditions, etc.：
This program belongs to Hokkaido Treasure Island Travel inc.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before you apply.
Cancellations made by customers will be subject to the following penalty fees:
* 1 day before the tour: 40% of the tour fee
* On the day of the tour: 50% of the tour fee
* No show on the day: 100% of the tour fee
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 2 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Senior Vice President
We offer various exciting private tours for sightseeing and experience-based tours. Please contact us.
Please enjoy this beautiful blue ocean with us!!
Company:Treasure Island Short Trips
Address:9F Daito Building 8-1 Minami 2-jo Higashi 2-chomeChuo-ku, Sapporo Hokkaido