Half-day Adult (ages 13 and up):
Half-day Child (ages 3-12):
Half day (single participant):
Dec.24,2018 - Mar.9,2019 Required
Half-day: Approx. 2.5 hours
Enjoy dog sledding along 2 km woodland paths by snowmobile's lead. accompanied by an attendant on snowmobile ! First-timers are welcome!
Your guide will tell you how to handle the sleds and dogs at the begining. So please do not worry even if you have never tried dog sledding before.
Pay attention to the dogs' movements. Push the sled and hop onto it. Move forward together with the dogs. Do not be shy, shout encouragement to yourself and the dogs .
Running endlessly through the white forest covered by snow. There are you, the dogs and mother nature only.
Let's reward good team work each other after the tour!
|Program||Dog sledding tour! (Half-day)|
Half-day Adult (ages 13 and up):9,000 yen
|Available time period||
2018-12-24 - 2019-03-09
|Required time||●Half-day: total time approx. 2.5 hours
|Requirements for participation||Please note that due to the wilderness setting, there is an age limitation that applies to children.
* Half day: 3 and up
* Full day: 11 and up (over 120cm tall)
* Minimum 2, maximum 4 participants
* For those who are nervous around dogs but who want to join the tour, please consult us.
*We also can accommodate the physically handicapped. Please ask us for more details.
|Things to bring / required items||* Jacket/trousers (ski wear), gloves, winter cap, warm winter boots (available free upon request. Please ask at the time of booking)
- Due to below-freezing temperatures, we recommend wearing a sweater, long pants, thick socks, etc.
* We also recommend that you bring sunglasses or goggles.
* Extra winter wear is available free of charge upon request. Please ask us at the time of booking.
*If you are traveling and find it difficult to bring heavy duty winter wear, or you might need some extra warmth, we have extra winter wear (size &style may vary) that is available upon request. Feel free to ask us at the time of booking.
|Included in this fee||Guide fee, equipment rental fee, outdoor insurance fee, taxes
|Meeting location||Donkoro Yagai Gakko (Dontoro Outdoor School) - reception desk of blockhouse training building
|Address of meeting location||
Ochiai 1074,Minamifurano-cho, Sorachi-gun, Hokkaido
2 hours drive: Take Hokkaido East Expressway(Dotoh)→Tomamu IC
→Route 136 towards Ochiai→Donkoro
1 hour and 40 minutes by JR Express train from JR Sapporo station→ JR Tomamu( pick up is available upon request at JR Tomamu station)
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||* Pick up and drop off available from JR Tomamu Station (Sekishou-sen-line) or Ochiai Station (Nemurohon-sen-line) upon request.
|Payment method||Please pay by cash (yen only) on site.
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 3 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
In 1987 I established Ochiai (Minami Furano) with the aim to become an outdoor activities personal trainer. I would like to show everyone how much fun Hokkaido's great nature is in all seasons!
[We are accredited to the Hokkaido Outdoor Guiding Association]
Come to try our dog sledding! Handling dogs needs energy as much as running for dogs. Feel it onsite.
Company:NPO Donkoro Outdoor School
Address:1074 OchiaiMinamifurano-cho, Sorachi-gun Hokkaido