No.3558[Program currently off season] Hot-Air Balloon Flight Adventure! Drift Ice, The World Heritage Shiretoko, and Endless Snowfields from the Birds Eye View
Adult: 24,000 yen per person
Chartered Hot Air Balloon: 160,000 yen per group
10 to 25 Feb. 2018 Required
3 hours Language Japanese,English
This is a real adventure of free flight in the sky with the winds, without a rope fixed to the ground. Try this special flight by one of the best hot-air balloon pilot Mr. Tsuyoshi Miyahara. The flight time is 30 to 40 minutes, and the height is 500-1,000 meters.
The balloon flies with the buoyancy of warm air in the balloon by burning LPG.
Our flight is not a captive balloon fixed to the ground with the 30 meter-long rope but fly with the winds 500 to 1,000 meters high and 3 to 10 kilometers range. We do not fly over the sea but you can see drift-ice from over land. The winds become layered with height and we catch the wind of the direction we want by making balloon getting up and down and fly. The flight time is about 30 to 40 minutes. With the weather conditions, the flight time would be shorter sometimes.
Only available in drift ice season.
Watch the Diamond-Dust, Roaming Animals, and Powder Snow!
Fly with the winds 500 to 1,000 meters high and 3 to 10 kilometers range. The flight time is about 30 to 40 minutes.
|Program||[Program currently off season] Hot-Air Balloon Flight Adventure! Drift Ice, The World Heritage Shiretoko, and Endless Snowfields from the Birds Eye View|
A. Adult per person:24,000 yen
|Available time period||
2018-02-10 - 2018-02-25
|Available time period Detail||10 February to 25 February 2018|
|Required time||3 hours|
|Schedule||- 8:30am Meet at Koshimizu-Onsen Fureai Center
- 8:40am-10:30am Hot Air Balloon Free Flight Adventure by "Mashuukisen"
We take you to the boarding place by a bus after signing
Enjoy a superb view of drift-ice and
world natural heritage "Shiretoko" from the hot air balloon!
* The flight time is about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Drop-off at the meeting point or JR Hama-Koshimizu station
* Schedule might be changed due to traffic, weather or other conditions. Please make sure to have spare time for transportation.
|Requirements for participation||Minimum: 2 participants
Maximum: 20 participants *Depending on the total weight
Ages 10 years old and up.
* 1 child (10 to 17 years old) must be accompanied by 1 adult.
**No smoking on this tour from the beginning to the end**
**Please kindly remind that your group must have a person who can communicate
in Japanese or English.
If not, the guide can reject your ride onsite without refund the fee.
The persons who cannot join our flight are:
(The reason why for this is that when we are forced to land on the snowfield of 20-80cms depth you have to walk by yourself.)
- Who needs a wheelchair, walking stick, or any helps to move or medical cares.
- Who has any serious chronic disease.
- Who has heart disease or morbid-fear.
- Pregnant woman
- Drunk or drugs
|Things to bring / required items||- Warm winter clothes (like a ski suit)
- Winter shoes with the warm socks
- Warm Cap, Gloves, and Muffler
- A mask for covering the face or a pair of sunglasses would be much more help.
* Please be dressed in the suitable clothes because it may happen sometimes that your clothes are torn or become dirty. The temperature above would be nearly -20 degrees C.
- You can take a camera on but take care of its warming. The battery is run down shortly at the low temperature.
* The things you cannot take in the balloon are:
- Selfie stick
- Food (candy and chocolate are OK)
- Big luggage
|Included in this fee||- Hot Air Balloon Free Flight Adventure
- 2 or more pilots
- 4 or more grand staffs
- Fuel for flight and vehicle *Vehicle chases the hot-air balloon to pick up participants and pilots at the place it lands.
|Not included in fees||Personal expenses|
|Meeting location||Koshimizu-Onsen Fureai Center|
|Address of meeting location||
683-1, Aza-Koshimizu,Koshimizu-cho, Shari-gun, Hokkaido
[from Abashiri:] You can take public bus "Abashiri Bus"
- Bus lane No.3 (bound for Koshimizu)
- 7:10am JR Abashiri station (網走駅前) DEP
- 8:03am Fureai Center (ふれあいセンター) ARR
- 1,070 yen per adult
[from Utoro, Shiretoko] You can take public bus "Shari Bus"
- 7:11am Michi no Eki Utoro Shirietku (Roadside station) (道の駅ウトロシリエトク) DEP
- 8:00am Shari bus terminal (斜里バスターミナル) ARR
- 1,650 yen per adult
*Guide will pick you up at Shari bus terminal.
* Timetable and price may be subject to change without notice. Please check those on your own.
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||[Pick up:]
- Route Inn Grantia Shiretoko Shariekimae
- Hotel Kiyosato
- Shari bus terminal
- Koshimizu Fureai Center
- JR Hama-Koshimizu station
|Payment method||- Advance Payment by online credit card.
- Advance Payment by overseas bank transfer.
(Japanese yen only. Please pay the additional bank transfer fee.)
* Note: Payment is due 7 days before the tour date.
Travel conditions, etc.：
Please read and agree to the "terms and conditions".
Cancellations made by customers will be subject to the following penalty fees:
* 2-7 days before the tour: 30% of the tour fee
* 1 day before the tour: 40% of the tour fee
* On the day of the tour: 50% of the tour fee
* No show on the day: 100% of the tour fee
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 7 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Senior Vice President
We offer various exciting private tours for sightseeing and experience-based tours. Please contact us.
Enjoy a superb view of drift-ice and world natural heritage "Shiretoko" from the hot air balloon!
Company:Treasure Island Short Trips
Address:9F Daito Building 8-1 Minami 2-jo Higashi 2-chomeChuo-ku, Sapporo Hokkaido