Let's explore the snow-covered Kyogoku in search of the water springing from Mt. Yotei!!
After the exploration, you can treat yourself to the tour including “Kyogoku Snowman Shabu shabu” and coffee made with the water you have drawn yourself!
When going from Niseko to Sapporo, you absolutely want to stop by the roadside station “Michi no eki - Meisui no Sato Kyogoku”.
In the station restaurant you can eat a lot of dishes made with the famous, delicious water, but our recommendation for the winter is the "Kyogoku Snowman Shabu shabu", which comes with a cute snowman!
Put the meat and vegetables in the soup made Kyogoku's famous water. It already is delicious, but by using freshly drawn natural water, it becomes even more so!
In this tour, in order to taste that delicious shabu shabu, we will go on an adventure through snow-covered land to find the water springing from Mt. Yotei.
Even with Kyogoku’s snow, you will be safe if you wear snow shoes. Mt. Yotei stands behind the snowy landscape. We will approach the water spring while looking upon a beautiful scenery one cannot usually see.
After the adventure, we will warm up our chilled bodies by eating shabu shabu and delicious siphon coffee made with the water we drew ourselves. If you do not like coffee, you can also try to make tea with a tea whisk.
A majestic view and delicious food. A special winter tour which will satisfy both your spirit and your appetite.
- Kyogoku Snowman Shabu shabu -
It comes with grated radish shaped as a cute snowman, which you can put into the sauce or drop in the hot pot and watch it slowly melt. A healthy and fun to look at delicious shabu shabu.
You can choose from 3 kinds of ingredients. In addition to the Japanese “wagyu” beef and seafood, you can also choose the healthy vegetable shabu shabu. Of course, it is also suitable for vegetarians! A new menu recommendation for this winter.
- Superb coffee with natural water -
Only using the natural water we have drawn ourselves to make shabu shabu would be a waste!
After the meal, let’s enjoy a cup of siphon-brewed coffee. There is also matcha tea for people who do not drink coffee. Try making it with the traditional bamboo tea whisk.
2019-12-15 - 2020-03-31
※ The trekking time is about 1 hour 30 minutes
- Snowshoe charge
- Meals (Kyogoku Snowman Shabu-shabu)
- Coffee (or tea) cost after meals
* There is juice for those who do not like either.
* We are enrolled in the Travel Accident Compensation System.
- Fee for additional orders (eg. meals)
[Note] The guide/instructor will explain in easy/simple English.
Age: 10 years old and above
Other conditions: How to walk about 2 km
[ By car ]
Approximately 1 hour 45 minutes from Sapporo
About 2 hours from Chitose Airport
About 4 hours from Hakodate
[ by public transportation ]
From Kutchan Station of JR, take Donan Bus, get off at "Kyogoku bus terminal" and walk about 15 minutes.
*The bus ride time is about 30 minutes.
Show Big Map
- The program might be cancelled due to weather or course conditions etc.
- Please follow the guide's instruction at all times. We are not responsible for any accidents caused by customer negligence.
This program belongs to Hokkaido Treasure Island Travel inc.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before you apply.
Cancellations made by customers will be subject to the following penalty fees:
* 1 day before the tour: 40% of the tour fee
* On the day of the tour: 50% of the tour fee
* No show on the day: 100% of the tour fee
- *Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
- *Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
- *Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
We offer various exciting private tours for sightseeing and experience-based tours. Please contact us.
Let's explore the snow-covered Kyogoku in search of the water springing from Mt. Yotei!! After the exploration, you can treat yourself to the tour including “Kyogoku Snowman Shabu shabu” and coffee made with the water you have drawn yourself!
Company:Treasure Island Short Trips
Address:9F Daito Building 8-1 Minami 2-jo Higashi 2-chomeChuo-ku, Sapporo Hokkaido
- Winter Specialties
- Ice Fishing
- Dog Sledding
- Snow Tubing / Igloo Making
- Snow Rafting / Banana Boat
- Winter Sky Sport
- Winter Horse Riding
- Drift Ice Walk
- Ice Walk / Ice Diving
- Photo Tour
- Winter Canoeing
- Winter Bike Riding
- Snow Drifting
- Nature Watching
- Snowshoeing / Skishoeing
- Ski / Snowboard
- Snowcat Tour
- Backcountry Riding
- Activity + Taxi Packages
- Terrestrial Activities
- Freshwater Activities
- Saltwater Activities
- Sky/Aerial Activities
- Agro/Fishery Experiences
- Activity + Taxi Packages