Let's take a slow walk across the snowfield and the Okhotsk shoreline to see the dynamic view of a frozen waterfall by the ocean.
The icefall is formed each year as small streams of water gets frozen and keeps growing until it becomes a 40-meter tall pillar of ice. This program entails watching the icefall, as well as enjoying the relaxing snowshoeing on the way and seeing the drift ice at the peak season too.
※From December to mid-January the chance of seeing drift ice is extremely low. Instead, it is a time when the process of freezing the waterfall is seen, or the possibility of encountering a seal is high.
2021-01-15 - 2021-03-06
Ages 10 to 12 (per person):3,500 yen
Minimum 1 participant
(Pick up/drop off available from area hotels and Abashiri Station)
- Warm, waterproof outerwear
- Fleece or down mid layer
- Synthetic underwear
- Waterproof gloves
- Hat that covers ears
- Warm boots/trekking shoes
- Thick or multi-layered socks
We have the long boots and the warm jacket-pants of for lent.
Please let us know your size of foot and your height in advance if you would like.
In the snowshoe tour, high-cut shoes are necessary because the snow is deep.
If you do not have high-cut shoes, we recommend renting long boots.
- The course includes walking up/down a 200-meter steep hill.
- You cannot participate if you are pregnant or drunk.
- Tour course and schedule may be altered if any danger is detected.
- We will let you know promptly if the program is canceled due to weather conditions.
- Cancellation fees may apply if you cancel for your own reasons near the date of booking.
- Cancellation fees
7-4 days prior to the booked date: 20% of program fee
3-1 day prior to the booked date: 50% of program fee
On the booked date/no show: 100% of program fee
- *Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
- *Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
- *Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
Our programs are intended for guests in all ages and can be participated in without complicated equipment of your own. The nature can never be so fun and easy to enjoy without the guide.
The icefall comes out different in shape each year. Why don't you come check it out?
Address:267-14Nakazono Abashiri HokkaidoAbashiri Hokkaido
- Winter Specialties
- Ice Fishing
- Dog Sledding
- Snow Tubing / Igloo Making
- Snow Rafting / Banana Boat
- Winter Sky Sport
- Winter Horse Riding
- Drift Ice Walk
- Ice Walk / Ice Diving
- Photo Tour
- Winter Canoeing
- Winter Bike Riding
- Snow Drifting
- Nature Watching
- Snowshoeing / Skishoeing
- Ski / Snowboard
- Snowcat Tour
- Backcountry Riding
- Activity + Taxi Packages
- Terrestrial Activities
- Freshwater Activities
- Saltwater Activities
- Sky/Aerial Activities
- Agro/Fishery Experiences
- Activity + Taxi Packages