No.4459[Program currently off season] Experience Japanese Culture with a Rickshaw tour at Otaru in a Traditional Kimono!
18,900 yen per person
Hair set: 2,700 yen p.p
Japanese Hairstyle: 3,780 yen p.p
*Spring / Autumn:3,240 yen p.p
*Winter:5,400 yen p.p
1 Apr. - 31 Oct. 2018 Required
About 4 hours 15 minutes Language Japanese
The Rickshaw will come to the front of our shop to pick you up!! The kimono and rickshaw are a fantastic combination! You might attract the attention of the whole town!?
Don’t miss this chance to walk around and take pictures while wearing a kimono.
At "Beauty Shop & Kimono Rental Twinkle" your kimono will be fitted by a professional kimono fitter. It will not feel tight while you’re walking but also will not lose its form.
Even your Japanese zori sandals will be made for comfortable walking, allowing you to comfortably enjoy your day.
This course is a rickshaw will come to the front of our shop to pick you up!
The rickshaw will take you to "Sakai Machi Dori St.", Otaru’s top sightseeing spot where many old buildings still stand.
Please dismount the rickshaw at "Sakai Machi Dori St." and enjoy a stroll.
Otaru features many great photo-taking spots including brick storehouses lining canals, a small glass-blowing shop, and a shop which sells handmade music boxes!
With many old buildings lining the street, “Sakai Machi Dor St." is a standout among Otaru’s many wonderful spots!!
Even now, many of these buildings contain cafes and souvenir shops. Simply walking through the area will be very enjoyable.
After enjoying your stroll, please board the rickshaw for the second time.
From here you will view sightseeing spots along the canal and return to the "Beauty Shop & Kimono Rental Twinkle"
For those who would like to experience a greater transformation, please select the hair-setting option.
Don’t miss this chance to wear a kimono and make wonderful memories in Otaru!
The kimono and rickshaw are a fantastic combination. You might attract the attention of the whole town!
Recommendation is "Sakai Machi Dori St.". You will be given a map!
Optional setting of your hair by a professional is also possible. Those who want to get deeper into the mood of kimono-wearing are welcome to try.
|Program||[Program currently off season] Experience Japanese Culture with a Rickshaw tour at Otaru in a Traditional Kimono!|
per person：Kimono fitting and dressing , Rickshaw sightseeing, Japanese accessories (sandals, bags) rental set!:18,900 yen
|Available time period||
2018-04-01 - 2018-10-31
|Available time period Detail||1 April - 31 October 2018
* Closed Tuesdays and every third Wednesday
|Required time||About 4 hours 15 minutes|
|Schedule||- 8:00am-10:00am Meet on-site at Otaru "Twinkle"
- Get dressed. (It will take about 20 minutes per person.)
- Get on the rickshaw.(15 minutes)
- Get off the rickshaw and stroll the town.(3 hours)
Otaru has all the quintessential features of a historic town:
brick warehouses along the beautiful canals, small blown glass shops, and even stores that sell hand-crafted music boxes.
- Visit sightseeing spots while riding a rickshaw(30 minutes)
- Come back to the "Twinkle", Get changed into your own clothes.
- Tour ends
- Please let us know your preferred time.
* Besides the above times, we can accommodate to suit your schedule.
* If you would like to extend the time, you will be charged an additional fee.(1,080 yen / 30 minutes)
- Dressing time will vary depending on the number of people.
- The above course times is just a rough estimate.
|Requirements for participation||Maximum: 5 participants
* If you would like to book for 6 people or more, please call us for details.
* The size of the Kimono is limited. (Approximately the height of 140 cm to 190 cm.)
Otherwise, the kimono will not fit.
* The rickshaws are designed to seat two people each. In the case of three or more people, multiple rickshaws will be used.
* If children would like to participate,
they may do so with their parents or guardian.
Photography by a professional cameraman is also possible.
50 shots: 21,600 yen , 100 shots: 27,000 yen
Photo-taking locations include spots such as Sakai Machi Dori St., the area around the canal, and Otaru Food Village. If you are interested please let us know.
|Things to bring / required items||It's fine to come empty-handed! There are no items you need to bring.|
|Included in this fee||- Kimono Fitting, Dressing
- Rickshaw sightseeing (15 minutes to go and 30 minutes to go back)
- Japanese accessories (sandals, bags) rental
- Sales tax
* We are enrolled in the Travel Accident Compensation System.
|Not included in fees||Personal expenses|
|Meeting location||Beauty Shop & Kimono Rental Twinkle|
|Address of meeting location||
1-9-8 Inaho,Otaru, Hokkaido
It is 7-minute walk from JR Otaru Station.
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||Pick up service unavailable. (meet at the salon directly)|
|Payment method||- Advance Payment by online credit card.
- Advance Payment by overseas bank transfer.
(Japanese yen only. Please pay the additional bank transfer fee.)
* Note: Payment is due 3 days before the tour date.
Travel conditions, etc.：
This program belongs to Hokkaido Treasure Island Travel inc.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before you apply.
Cancellations made by customers will be subject to the following penalty fees:
* 2-3 day before the tour: 20% of the tour fee
* 1 day before the tour: 40% of the tour fee
* On the day of the tour: 50% of the tour fee
* No show on the day: 100% of the tour fee
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 3 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Senior Vice President
We offer various exciting private tours for sightseeing and experience-based tours. Please contact us.
Otaru is a port city with a historical atmosphere. Please enjoy spending quality time wearing a traditional Japanese kimono. This is a special Otaru trip that goes around with a rickshaw and a walk.
Company:Treasure Island Short Trips
Address:9F Daito Building 8-1 Minami 2-jo Higashi 2-chomeChuo-ku, Sapporo Hokkaido