No.4025[Program currently off season] Learn How to Make Authentic Soup Stock “Dashi” from a Chef of Japanese Cuisine [Sapporo / English Interpretation Included]
4 Participants / per person：14,000 yen
5 Participants / per person：12,500 yen
6 Participants or more / per person：11,000 yen
1 Apr. 2017 - 31 Mar. 2018 Required
2 hours Language Japanese,English
Get Directly Taught How To Make "Dashi", Soup Stock for Authentic Japanese Cuisine, from a Japanese Chef in a private room with a live kitchen!
Learn the characteristics and varieties of "Dashi," the base of Japanese cuisine, through making experience and a lecture from a veteran Japanese chef.
Make several different types of dashi, compare dashi flavors with different raw materials (tasting), and use your five senses in a deep lecture about "dashi." It's an experience unlike any other!
After training, deepen your knowledge with a special course meal that uses plenty of dashi!
Why not include a close and personal experience with Japanese food culture in your travel memories?
- Compare the flavors of dried bonito, dried salmon, and dried tuna
- Appetizer: seasonal vegetables with fried salmon stock sauce
- Small Bowl: chawanmushi (savory custard) made with plenty of bonito stock,
umefu (wheat gluten in plum blossom shapes), and ginan (thin kudzu sauce)
- Sashimi: tuna, salmon, sweet shrimp, handmade tofu with dried tuna,
tosa shoyu (soy sauce with bonito flavoring, mirin, etc.)
- Boiled Foods: daikon steeped in dashi, cooked young chicken in miso sauce
- Silver Hot Pot: hot pot with seasonal vegetables and fish
- Main Course: Hokkaido rice cooked with various ingredients in an earthenware pot,
miso soup, and pickled vegetables
- Dessert: two-color sweet bean jelly and matcha
*The meal contents may change. Thank you for your understanding.
You can experience Japanese food culture through a variety of dishes that use dashi and dashi broth.
The Japanese Restaurant Kitanoji is a private room with a live kitchen. The incredible atmosphere and view from the 19th floor make the experience extra fun.
The Japanese cuisine chef, Chef Kumagaya will give a fun lecture that is easy to understand. *English Interpretation Included
|Program||[Program currently off season] Learn How to Make Authentic Soup Stock “Dashi” from a Chef of Japanese Cuisine [Sapporo / English Interpretation Included]|
4 Participants / per person:14,000 yen
|Available time period||
All season program
|Available time period Detail||1 April 2017 - 31 March 2018
* Unavailable Dates:
New Year's Holidays
|Required time||2 hours|
|Schedule||11:20am Meet on location in 19F Japanese Restaurant Kitanoji
at Century Royal Hotel
11:30am-12:20pm Lecture on the characteristics and varieties of dashi,
dashi tasting, etc.
[You can actually experience making dashi.]
12:20pm-12:30pm Please wait momentarily to give time for meal preparation.
[Please enjoy kaiseki-ryori (multi-course cuisine) created
with the dashi that everyone made!]
1:30pm Everyone goes home.
*Start times may also be determined within the below reception hours.
Please let us know your preferred time.
However, please be aware that this program requires 2 hours to participate.
Weekday: 11:30am-3:00pm, 5:00pm-10:00pm
Saturday, Sunday and public holiday: 11:30am-3:00pm, 4:00pm-10:00pm
*If a customer arrives late, the time will be shortened.
* Schedule might be changed due to any conditions.
|Requirements for participation||- Minimum: 4 participants
- Maximum: 8 participants
- 7 years or older
* There are no discounts for children.
* Children must be accompanied with adults.
|Things to bring / required items||- Nothing specific as this program|
|Included in this fee||Learn How to Make Authentic Soup Stock "Dashi"
Kaiseki-ryori (multi-course cuisine) created with the dashi made during the experience
Cost of materials
English-speaking tour guide
* We are enrolled in the Travel Accident Compensation System.
|Not included in fees||Drink
|Meeting location||19F Japanese Restaurant Kitanoji at Century Royal Hotel|
|Address of meeting location||
Kita 5-jo Nishi 5-chome,Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
5-minute walk from the JR Train Sapporo Station
5-minute walk from the Sapporo Station subway
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||Pick-up service unavailable.
* Please notify your means of transportation (car, taxi or public bus) in advance.
|Payment method||- Advance Payment by online credit card.
- Advance Payment by overseas bank transfer.
(Japanese yen only. Please pay the additional bank transfer fee.)
* Note: Payment is due 8 days before the tour date.
Travel conditions, etc.：
This program belongs to Hokkaido Takarajima Travel.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before you apply.
Cancellations made by customers will be subject to the following penalty fees:
* 2-7 days before the tour: 20% of the tour fee
* 1 day before the tour: 60% of the tour fee
* On the day of the tour or No show: 100% of the tour fee
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 8 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Senior Vice President
We offer various exciting private tours for sightseeing and experience-based tours. Please contact us.
This program aims to allow you to easily enjoy the accurate knowledge and culture of "washoku (Japanese cuisine)", an abstract cultural heritage. Learn the characteristics and varieties of "Dashi," the base of Japanese cuisine, through making experience and a lecture from a veteran Japanese chef.
Company:Treasure Island Short Trips
Address:9F Daito Building 8-1 Minami 2-jo Higashi 2-chomeChuo-ku, Sapporo Hokkaido