No.3352Farm Cooking in Hokkaido – Traditional Japanese Mochi Pounding with Private Transfer
2 in a vehicle: 13,000 yen p.p
3 in a vehicle: 10,500 yen p.p
4 in a vehicle: 9,500 yen p.p
1 April 2018 - 31 March 2019 Required
5 hours Language Japanese,English
Come experience making traditional Japanese delicacies, especially popular for New Year's Holiday events!
Great for a New Year's celebration or learning Japanese culture!
Tobetsu is a thriving agriculture town near Sapporo, full of natural resources.
There you are invited to "Friendly Farm", to participate in this special program of making traditional Japanese Mochi.
For the Japanese, Mochi making is always a special event in which rice cake is pounded in a large mortar with a wooden mallet. Don't miss out on this rare opportunity to experience how Mochi is prepared, as well as to learn how to cook "Koshian" red bean paste from dried beans, and grind roasted soybeans to make "Kinako".
Pounding Mochi is heavy duty work, but once you get the hang of the rhythm, it’s soft, stretchy, and delicious! Stuff the fresh Mochi with your "Koshian" or cover it with "Kinako" for popular ways to enjoy the treat! We will even prepare "Zoni" together, made with your Mochi in soup, a dish usually prepared at New Year’s. You can take some Mochi, Koshian and Kinako home, as well! You may no longer be satisfied with anything store-bought once you've tasted these freshly made treats!
After eating delicious Mochi, you are welcome to relax in our big log cabin. Please feel free to treat our farm as your second country home!
A challenging and exciting experience to make traditional Japanese Mochi yourself.
Enjoy eating Mochi in four different ways, farmer’s style!
Pick-up and drop-off by a hired taxi driver from your hotel in Sapporo.
|Program||Farm Cooking in Hokkaido – Traditional Japanese Mochi Pounding with Private Transfer|
2 in a vehicle / per person:13,000 yen
|Available time period||
2018-04-01 - 2019-03-31
|Available time period Detail||1 April 2018 - 31 March 2019
* Unavailable Dates:
New Year's Holidays (27 December 2018 - 10 January 2019)
|Required time||5 hours|
|Schedule||9:30am Pick-up from your hotel in Sapporo
10:20am Arrive at "Friendly Farm"
10:30am-1:30pm Enjoy Mochi Pounding
Make sweet red bean paste & Kinako powder
Eat the Mochi for lunch
(in Zoni soup, as An-Mochi & Kinako-Mochi)
1:30pm Depart "Friendly Farm"
2:30pm Drop-off at your hotel in Sapporo
* Please be aware that this program requires 5 hours to participate.
If you would like to extend the time, you will be charged an additional fee.
* Schedule might be changed due to traffic, weather or other conditions.
|Requirements for participation||Ages 13 years old and up.
Minimum: 2 participants
Maximum: 10 participants
Minimum 2, maximum of 4 in one vehicle.
You will be divided into separate vehicles if your group numbers 5 or more.
|Things to bring / required items||- Please note that since we'll be cooking, your clothes may get a little dirty.
- An apron and a bandana
- A take-home container for your Mochi, sweet red bean paste and Kinako (roasted soy bean flour)
|Included in this fee||Mochi, Bean Paste and Kinako Making
(for lunch and enough to take home if you like)
Transport by private vehicle (sedan type)
* We are enrolled in the Travel Accident Compensation System.
|Not included in fees||Personal expenses|
|Meeting location||Your driver will wait for you in the ground floor of your hotel.
* Please note that the driver is not an English-speaking tour guide.
We do, however, provide an information sheet in English.
|Address of meeting location||Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido|
|Pick Up Service||Pick-up from your hotel in Central Sapporo (around JR Sapporo station,
around Odori Park and Susukino), or near JR Sapporo station.
* If you would like to be picked up at a location other than a hotel,
depending on the address, an extra fee may be applied.
|Payment method||- Advance Payment by online credit card.
- Advance Payment by overseas bank transfer.
(Japanese yen only. Please pay the additional bank transfer fee.)
* Note: Payment is due 3 days before the tour date.
- The driver is not an English-speaking tour guide.
- The guide/instructor will explain in easy/simple English.
Travel conditions, etc.：
This program belongs to Hokkaido Treasure Island Travel inc.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before you apply.
Cancellations made by customers will be subject to the following penalty fees:
* 1 day before the tour: 40% of the tour fee
* On the day of the tour: 50% of the tour fee
* No show on the day: 100% of the tour fee
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 7 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Senior Vice President
We offer various exciting private tours for sightseeing and experience-based tours. Please contact us.
Pick-up service available from your hotel in Sapporo! Great for a New Year’s celebration or learning Japanese culture!
Company:Treasure Island Short Trips
Address:9F Daito Building 8-1 Minami 2-jo Higashi 2-chomeChuo-ku, Sapporo Hokkaido