Terms and Conditions
By using the service (hereinafter referred to as "the Service") on this website provided by Hokkaido Treasure Island Tour Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") in any way, the user (hereinafter referred to as "the User") is agreeing to comply with the following terms and conditions.
- Article 1 (Scope of Application)
- Any booking/request/inquiry for reservation made via the Service shall be governed by the terms and conditions set forth herein. Any matters which are not covered herein shall be governed by applicable laws and conventional practices in Japan, or by the Company's membership terms and conditions if the User is a member.
- Article 2 (Condition of Usage)
- The Service may only be used by the Users who agree to comply with the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- Article 3 (Parties of Contract)
- The Service provides information on experiential tourism activity programs (hereinafter referred to as "the Programs") operated by service suppliers (hereinafter referred to as "the Suppliers," each of whom the Company has contract with), as well as the function to book/request/inquire for the reservation of the Programs. The final reservation contract shall be made directly between the User and the Supplier.
- Article 4 (Booking/Request/Inquiry for Reservation)
- The User shall fill in the forms provided by the Company on the website, or call the company at the designated phone number, in such manner as specified by the Company, in order to book/request/inquire for the reservation of the Programs.
- Article 5 (Confirmation of Booking/Request/Inquiry for Reservation)
- Promptly upon receiving the User’s booking/request/inquiry for reservation, the Company shall send a message of confirmation of receipt of the booking/request/inquiry to the email address of the User.
- Article 6 (Conclusion of Contract)
- 1. The contract is binding when the confirmation email of receipt of the booking from the Supplier reaches the email server that administers the User’s email address in the case of Programs that are to be booked. In the case of Programs that are to be requested or inquired, the contract is binding when the User and the Supplier reaches an agreement following detailed discussion initiated by the contact made by the Supplier after the request/inquiry is made by the User.
2. Terms and conditions set forth by the Supplier, if in conflict with the preceding paragraph, supersede the preceding paragraph.
3. If the preceding paragraph is applicable, details shall be displayed on this website.
- Article 7 (Alteration or Cancellation of Booking/Request/Inquiry for Reservation)
- The information submitted by the User regarding the booking/request/inquiry shall be notified by the Company to the Supplier in an appropriate manner. The User shall be responsible for directly notifying the Supplier in a sincere manner at email address or phone number described in the message of confirmation of receipt of the booking/request/inquiry in the case of alteration or cancellation of reservation.
- Article 8 (Cancellation Penalty)
- The User agrees to be charged cancellation penalties by the Supplier in the case of alteration or cancellation of reserved Programs due to the User's own reasons. The User agrees that the Company owes no responsibility whatsoever for any inconvenience which the User may suffer in the course of such transaction.
- Article 9 (Termination of Duty)
- The Company's duty terminates upon notifying the Supplier of the User’s booking/request/inquiry for reservation with appropriate care and caution of a good administrator. Thereafter, the Company assumes no responsibility for unavailability of the Service due to operational reasons of the Supplier or mismatching between the User and the Supplier. Such cases shall be handled in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth by the Supplier.
- The Company shall not disclose the personal information of the User, which is obtained in the course of the usage of the Service, to any third party except to related parties that require such personal information in order to place the reservation. However, the Company may disclose such personal information without the User's consent in the case that it is required by such authorities as the court, police, or prosecutors.
- Article 11 (Method of Contact)
- 1. The Company shall contact the User by either posting on the website, email, or other methods that the Company considers appropriate.
2. In the case that such contact as in the preceding paragraph is made by email, the contact is deemed complete when the email reaches the email server that administers the User's email address. The User shall be obliged to browse such email sent by the Company in a timely manner.
- Article 12 (Modification of Terms and Conditions)
- The Company may change these terms and conditions without prior notice. Therefore, be sure to review them each time you use the Service. In the case that they are changed, only the final and current terms and conditions are binding.
- Article 13 (Responsibility of the Company)
- 1. The Company shall be liable for compensation to the User for loss or damage caused by miscommunication due to the Company's intention or negligence within the range of the experiential tourism activity program fee. Such compensation, however, may only be available if the Company receives notification within a month since the next day of the occurrence of such loss or damage.
2. In any other case not described in the preceding paragraph, the Company shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage that occurs between the User and the Supplier.
3. The Company posts information as is notified by the Suppliers, and shall not be held responsible for the credibility of the contents.
- Article 14 (Jurisdiction)
- Any dispute between the Company and the User arising out of or in connection with the Service shall be negotiated in good faith between the parties. In the case that judicial resolution is required, the Sapporo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction over such disputes.
- Article 15 (Effective Date)
- These terms and conditions shall take effect as of September 1, 2007 (JST).
Revised May 21, 2008
Revised February 1, 2009