The last secret among Japan's alpine locations, Hidaka area is home to the serene Saru River. Enjoy the panoramic scenery as well as the exciting rapids!
"What a beautiful place," was the first impression of this town, located amidst the mountains of the Hidaka Range. There may be nothing, but there is the great outdoors where you can enjoy top-notch rafting, kayaking, and mountaineering. That is how it got us started in 1997. Stationed in the woody former school building, in the quiet flow of time of the area, you will see the heartwarming beauty for yourself. You can even hang out with staff and light up the grill to enjoy yourself after tour!
- *Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
- *Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
- *Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
2019-04-27 - 2019-10-20
Adult (ages 13 and up) with Hot Spring ticket:6,800 yen
- Accident insurance
highlights in this area
Fishing pond "Izawa," 7 km up the road from HOA has good river fish cuisine:
Soba noodles at "Natsukawa," across the road from Jukai Road Hidaka:
- Minimum 2 participants
* A waiver must be signed by adult for participants under 18.
8 km from central Hidaka in the direction of Nissho Pass (to Obihiro), take a right after Chiroro Bridge and go 100 m.
Show Big Map
- Quick drying synthetic fabrics such as fleece are recommended, since cotton takes away body heat when wet.
- Jeans are inappropriate since they get heavy and restrict body movements when wet.
- Bring a change of clothes (underwear and outer wear).
- Bring a towel.
- Bring a strap if you wear glasses.
Held in rain
* Program may be canceled due to weather and water conditions of the day.
Cancellation penalty applies at 100% on the day and 50% the previous day.