No.642[Program currently off season] Drift ice & Birdwatching cruise- 1-hour course
Adult: 4,000 yen
Child (Ages 3 -12): 2,000 yen
1 Feb 2017 – 15 March 2017 Required
Approx.1 hour (entire tour time)
one tour/day 13:00~14:00
*If you prefer the morning tour,
please join the 2.5 hour course
(#456/Drift Ice & Birdwatching
- Photo Tour 2.5-Hour Course)
*Departure time and duration
may change depending on weather.
Fully experience Shiretoko’s nature from the comfort of our tour boat! Relish the beauty of nature along the coastline of Rausu. This is the perfect place to feel the magnificence of nature!
Let's board the "Evergreen" to experience nature offshore! The captain, a former fisherman, will acquaint you with the local people’s life, which includes cod-fishing.
Sea eagles/Steller's sea eagles with 2-meter wide wingspans. You will encounter them about 90% of the time
The drift ice is home to a diverse number of species. You may spot seals, too.
Rausu is the only fishing port that's open during the winter in Shiretoko. You can see actual fishing in addition to drift ice and eagles.
|Program||[Program currently off season] Drift ice & Birdwatching cruise- 1-hour course|
|Available time period||
2019-02-01 - 2019-03-14
|Required time||1 hour 13:00-14:00
*If you prefer the morning tour, please join the 2.5 hour course: http://h-takarajima.com/detail/index/456
*Departure time and duration may change depending on weather.
|group / party||Please let us know if your group numbers more than 20 people (50 max, but might be subjected to reduced number of participants when it rains)|
|Requirements for participation||Anybody can participate
(children aged under 3 can join free of charge).
*Single participants are accepted, but a minimum number of 5 participants are required
(Please note that we might have to limit the number of passengers due to weather conditions.)
|Things to bring / required items||Be prepared for well-below-freezing temperatures on the deck
(the cabin is heated)
|Included in this fee||Boarding fee, guide fee, insurance|
|Meeting location||Boat pier for Shiretoko Nature Cruise
- Check-in will be at the pier. Please show up 30 min before starting time.
*You will be issued your ticket at our office and board the boat at Rausu Port after a 5-min. walk.
|Address of meeting location||
27-1 Honcho,Rausu-cho, Menashi-gun, Hokkaido
Approx. 1 hr 30 min from Nemuro Nakashibetsu Airport
Approx. 3 hrs from Memambetsu Airport
Approx. 3 hrs 30 min drive from Kushiro Airport
*Please note that Route 334 (between Rausu and Shari) is closed during the wintertime.
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||No pick up and drop off is available.|
|Payment method||Cash (yen) only, please pay at the site.|
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 3 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
We provide “hands-on visitor experiences” introducing local fishing and local daily life in our tours. We are looking forward to meeting you!
You can relish the beauty of Shiretoko’s nature by cruising a short distance from the port of Rausu. Please feel free to join our tours!
Company:Shiretoko Nature Cruise
Address:27-1 Hon-choRausu-cho, Menashi-gun Hokkaido