No.4769[Program currently off season] Digging potatoes and making a non-additive potato chips with Furano’s farmer's okaa-san! (a loving, familiar term for “mother” or someone who plays a maternal role in your life)
Adult: 3,000 yen
Child (4 years old - 11 years old): 2,500 yen
Infant (under 3 years old): 300 yen
2018-08-16 - 2018-08-20 Required
2 hours Language Japanese
Making potato chips with Hokkaido’s fresh potatoes!!
Tasting fresh from the oven potato chips as-is, with salt, or with chocolate fondue!
For this program, we decided to focus on potatoes out of all the other choices.
After digging up potatoes at the farm while listening to stories about life in a farmhouse, we will cook non-additive potato chips with the potatoes you have harvested.
You can experience how different freshly made potato chips taste compared to the potato chips you are used to during the tasting session. Get ready to be surprised!
You can eat the potato chips in 3 ways; as is, salt flavored, or chocolate fondue.
You can eat the fresh, warm, chips during your stay, and take the rest home.
Please add this experience to your collection of Hokkaido’s delicious memories!
You will make delicious potato chips under Ms. Kuguri’s instruction.
In addition to the freshly fried chips as-is and with salt, the chocolate flavor is popular.
Ms. Kuguri, the farming okaa-san, is an energetic and wonderful person who radiates of the local charm.
|Program||[Program currently off season] Digging potatoes and making a non-additive potato chips with Furano’s farmer's okaa-san! (a loving, familiar term for “mother” or someone who plays a maternal role in your life)|
|Available time period||
2018-08-16 - 2018-08-20
|Available time period Detail||16 August - 20 August 2018|
|Required time||2 hours|
|Schedule||◆2:30pm Gather at Nakafurano’s “Kita no Karee Koubou Kirara (Northern Curry Factory Kirara)”
◆After gathering, the farmhouse okaa-san will lead everyone to the farm by car (About 3 minutes)
*You will then harvest the potato while listening to stories about vegetables that are harvested in Furano or the farm.
◆You will return to Northern Curry Factory Kirara to create the breakfast menu together.
*We will make non-additive potato chips using potatoes we harvested.
*The freshly fried, fragrant potato chips and okaa-san‘s homemade potato smoothie will fill your heart with joy.
*If you cannot eat it all, please feel free to take it home (We will prepare the containers.)
◆4:30pm After the end of the event, participants will be freed to disperse on their own.
*The schedule written above is merely an estimate.
*There may be slight changes depending on the day's weather and number of participants. Thank you for understanding.
|Requirements for participation||- Minimum: 2 people (not including infants)
* If children are to be experienced, please join us with parents.
|Included in this fee||- Harvesting event/ Instruction
- Setting up kitchen utensils and other tools for tasting
- The fee for harvested potato
- potato chips and potato smoothie
* We are enrolled in the Travel Accident Compensation System.
|Not included in fees||- Personal expenses|
|Meeting location||“Kita no Karee Koubou Kirara (Northern Curry Factory Kirara)”|
|Meeting location Detail||“Kita no Karee Koubou Kirara (Northern Curry Factory Kirara)”|
|Address of meeting location||
Kisenkita13 Nakafurano-cho Sorachi-gun Hokkaido,Nakafurano-cho, Sorachi-gun, Hokkaido
644m from Nakafurano Station 15 minutes on foot.
15 minutes by car from Furano Station Parking lot in front of the facility available.
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||No pick up|
|Payment method||- Advance Payment by online credit card.
- Advance Payment by overseas bank transfer.
(Japanese yen only. Please pay the additional bank transfer fee.)
* Note: Payment is due 3 days before the tour date.
Travel conditions, etc.：
This program belongs to Hokkaido Treasure Island Travel inc.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before you apply.
- 1 day before the tour: 40% of the tour fee
- On the day of the tour: 50% of the tour fee
- No show on the day: 100% of the tour fee
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 3 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.