- Available time period
- 1 Feburary – 10 March 2017
- Required time
- Approx.2.5 hours (entire tour time)
①Start at Sunrise
(around 6:00 - 6:30 AM) until 5 Mar
*Starting time and duration
may change depending on weather.
- Program fee
Adult with own photo equipment
(SLR camera, tripod, etc.):
Adult without photo equipment:
Child (ages 3-12): 4,000 yen
The Drift Ice Cruise - one of the most exciting winter activities in Shiretoko! View the local wildlife from our comfortable tour boat “Evergreen”!
The sea off the coast of Shiretoko is covered with drift ice iduring the winter. When the drift ice comes, various birds and animals gather here from all over the world. You will have a good chance to see white-tailed sea eagles and Steller's sea eagles on the ice.
Let's board the "Evergreen" to experience nature offshore! The captain, a former fisherman, will acquaint you with the local people’s life, which includes cod-fishing.
2019-02-01 - 2019-03-14
(1) Sunrise ( 6:00 am - 6:30 am) – until March 5
(2) 9:00 am
*Sailing time and duration may change depending on weather.
Adult without photo equipment:8,000 yen
Child (ages 3-12):4,000 yen
*This tour is recommended for photographers who are interested in drift ice and sea creatures; however, general tourists are also welcome.
*Single participants are accepted
*Minimum 5, maximum 50 participants
(Please note that we might have to limit the number of passengers due to weather conditions.)
- Check-in will be at the pier. Please show up 30 minutes before departure time.
- Since the schedule may change due to weather, please confirm the sailing time the day before the tour.
Approx. 1 hr 30 min from Nemuro Nakashibetsu Airport
Approx. 3 hrs from Memambetsu Airport
Approx. 3 hrs 30 min drive from Kushiro Airport
*Please note that Route 334 (between Rausu and Shari) is closed during the wintertime.
Show Big Map
(the cabin is heated)
-There are 2 different participating fees for adults. Please note that surcharges apply for those bringing SLR cameras and tripods.
- The cruiser may be affected by the waves. Be careful when walking around the ship.
- Customers sassume full responsibility for damage to their cameras and other personal equipment. This can occur due to water splashing or other reasons.
- The course may be changed or cancelled due to weather conditions.
- Departure time and duration may also be changed due to sea conditions.