Adult with own photo equipment
(SLR camera, tripod, etc.):
Adult without photo equipment:
Child (ages 3-12): 4,000 yen
1 Feburary – 10 March 2017 Required
Approx.2.5 hours (entire tour time)
①Start at Sunrise
(around 6:00 - 6:30 AM) until 5 Mar
*Starting time and duration
may change depending on weather.
The Drift Ice Cruise - one of the most exciting winter activities in Shiretoko! View the local wildlife from our comfortable tour boat “Evergreen”!
Let's board the "Evergreen" to experience nature offshore! The captain, a former fisherman, will acquaint you with the local people’s life, which includes cod-fishing.
During sunrise, you can see a flock of eagles flying over the ocean with Kunashiri Island in the far distance.
Sea eagles/Steller's sea eagles with 2-meter wide wingspans. You will encounter them about 90% of the time.
The drift ice is home to a diverse number of species. You may spot seals, too.
|Program||Drift Ice & Birdwatching - Photo Tour 2.5-Hour Course|
Adult with own photo equipment (SLR camera, tripod, etc.):10,000 yen
|Available time period||
2019-02-01 - 2019-03-14
|Required time||Approx.2.5 hours starting at:
(1) Sunrise ( 6:00 am - 6:30 am) – until March 5
(2) 9:00 am
*Sailing time and duration may change depending on weather.
|group / party||Please let us know if your group numbers more than 20 people (50 max, but might be subjected to reduced number of participants when it rains)|
|Requirements for participation||Anybody can participate(children aged under 3 can join free of charge)
*This tour is recommended for photographers who are interested in drift ice and sea creatures; however, general tourists are also welcome.
*Single participants are accepted
*Minimum 5, maximum 50 participants
(Please note that we might have to limit the number of passengers due to weather conditions.)
|Things to bring / required items||Be prepared for well-below-freezing temperatures on the deck
(the cabin is heated)
|Included in this fee||Boarding fee, guide fee, insurance|
|Meeting location||Boat pier for Shiretoko Nature Cruise
- Check-in will be at the pier. Please show up 30 minutes before departure time.
- Since the schedule may change due to weather, please confirm the sailing time the day before the tour.
|Address of meeting location||
27-1 Honcho,Rausu-cho, Menashi-gun, Hokkaido
Approx. 1 hr 30 min from Nemuro Nakashibetsu Airport
Approx. 3 hrs from Memambetsu Airport
Approx. 3 hrs 30 min drive from Kushiro Airport
*Please note that Route 334 (between Rausu and Shari) is closed during the wintertime.
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||No pick up and drop off is available.|
|Payment method||Cash (yen) only, please pay at the site.|
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 3 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
We provide “hands-on visitor experiences” introducing local fishing and local daily life in our tours. We are looking forward to meeting you!
Experience our tour boat “Evergreen” and enjoy the cruise in drift ice in Rausu!
Company:Shiretoko Nature Cruise
Address:27-1 Hon-choRausu-cho, Menashi-gun Hokkaido