Learn about Ainu (Indigenous people in Hokkaido) culture surrounding salmon and its use in daily life. Through the lecture and experience, you will know how they live with the great nature in this cold island. Salmon dishes prepared the way the Ainu used to eat them are included!
<Learn about the history of salmon and Ainu>
Listen to lectures on the importance of salmon to the Ainu way of life.
You can experience life as an Ainu, by wearing authentic Ainu clothing, and boots called "Cepkeri", made from the skin of salmon.
<Walk on the frozen lake after wearing Ainu clothing and Cepkeri>
After putting on the Ainu clothing, the guide will take you to the frozen lake, where you will put on Cepkeri and walk on the frozen lake and snow.
You can also learn about the importance salmon had to the lifestyle of the Ainu.
<Try salmon dishes prepared the way the Ainu used to eat them.>
Learn how to properly grill salmon, while grilled and enjoying the savory smell of it.
After that, you can enjoy the salmon that grilled your own, and modern arrangement of Ainu-style dishes.
2019-01-07 - 2019-02-28
at Koropokkuru Activity Center
11:50am-12:05pm Walk in the snow on Lake Poroto
12:05pm-12:20pm Learn how to grill salmon at Koropokkuru Activity Center
12:20pm-1:00pm Lunch (Salmon dishes)
* Schedule might be changed due to weather or other conditions.
3 travelers:16,000 yen
4 travelers:15,000 yen
5 travelers:14,500 yen
6 travelers:14,000 yen
7 travelers:13,500 yen
8 travelers:13,000 yen
- Experience guide fee at Koropokkuru Activity Center
- Lunch: Salmon roe, Salmon "Chanchan-Yaki" grill, Pickled salmon skewers grilled,
Cep Ohaw (hearty soup with salmon), Munini-imo (a fermented potato
pancake like mochi), Millet rice
* We are enrolled in the Travel Accident Compensation System.
- Gratuities (optional)
* Note: Payment is due 5 days before the tour date.
- Maximum: 8 participants
* Children must be accompanied with adults.
-From Shiraoi IC (the Hokkaido Expressway for Shiraoi Otaki Route):
about 3.8 km (approx. 11 minutes)
- from New Chitose Airport: about 52.4 km (approx. 40 minutes)
- from Sapporo: about 96.8 km (approx. 1 hours 28 minutes)
[by JR Train]
From JR Sapporo station to JR Shiraoi station.
*Please check the timetable.
Show Big Map
- Full name and sex of all participants are required for reservation.
This program belongs to Hokkaido Treasure Island Travel inc.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before you apply.
Cancellations made by customers will be subject to the following penalty fees:
* 1 day before the tour: 40% of the tour fee
* On the day of the tour: 50% of the tour fee
* No show on the day: 100% of the tour fee