No.4462[機器翻譯頁] [Program currently off season] Experience Ainu culture with English speaking guide [Private tour]
2 travelers：19,000 yen p.p
3 travelers：16,000 yen p.p
4 travelers：15,000 yen p.p
6 Jan. - 28 Feb. 2018 Required
3 hours Language English
Learn about Ainu (Indigenous people in Hokkaido) culture surrounding salmon and its use in daily life. Through the lecture and experience, you will know how they live with the great nature in this cold island. Salmon dishes prepared the way the Ainu used to eat them are included!
The Ainu culture village, which was originally in Shiraoi's urban district, was moved and restored at the shores of Lake Poroto in 1965 to form this outdoor museum to preserve and exhibit the Ainu's cultural assets.
The facilities include five Chise (a thatched house), a museum, a botanical garden and an animal barn.
This museum is popularly known as "Porotokotan", which means a large lakeside village.
<Learn about the history of salmon and Ainu>
Listen to lectures on the importance of salmon to the Ainu way of life.
You can experience life as an Ainu, by wearing authentic Ainu clothing, and boots called "Cepkeri", made from the skin of salmon.
<Walk on the frozen lake after wearing Ainu clothing and Cepkeri>
After putting on the Ainu clothing, the guide will take you to the frozen lake, where you will put on Cepkeri and walk on the frozen lake and snow.
You can also learn about the importance salmon had to the lifestyle of the Ainu.
<Try salmon dishes prepared the way the Ainu used to eat them.>
Learn how to properly grill salmon, while grilled and enjoying the savory smell of it.
After that, you can enjoy the salmon that grilled your own, and modern arrangement of Ainu-style dishes.
Tie the string to adjust the size of the shoe.
Putting on Ainu clothing and Cepkeri
Enjoy Ainu-style dishes!
|Program||[機器翻譯頁] [Program currently off season] Experience Ainu culture with English speaking guide [Private tour]|
2 travelers:19,000 yen
|Available time period||
2018-01-06 - 2018-02-28
|Available time period Detail||6 January - 28 February 2018|
|Required time||3 hours|
|Schedule||10:00am-10:50am Visit the Ainu Museum
11:00am-11:50am Learn about the history of salmon and Ainu
at Koropokkuru Activity Center
11:50am-12:05pm Walk in the snow on Lake Poroto
12:05pm-12:20pm Learn how to grill salmon at Koropokkuru Activity Center
12:20pm-1:00pm Lunch (Salmon dishes)
* Schedule might be changed due to weather or other conditions.
|Requirements for participation||- Minimum: 2 participants
- Maximum: 8 participants
* Children must be accompanied with adults.
|Things to bring / required items||- Warm Clothing|
|Included in this fee||- Local licensed private English-speaking guide
- Ainu Museum admission fee
- Experience guide fee at Koropokkuru Activity Center
- Lunch: Salmon roe, Salmon "Chanchan-Yaki" grill, Pickled salmon skewers grilled,
Cep Ohaw (hearty soup with salmon), Munini-imo (a fermented potato
pancake like mochi), Millet rice
* We are enrolled in the Travel Accident Compensation System.
|Not included in fees||- Transportation expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
|Meeting location||The Ainu Museum|
|Address of meeting location||
2-3-4, Wakakusacho,Shiraoi-cho, Shiraoi-gun, Hokkaido
- from Shiraoi IC (the Hokkaido Expressway for Shiraoi Otaki Route):
about 3.8 km (approx. 11 minutes)
- from New Chitose Airport: about 52.4 km (approx. 40 minutes)
- from Sapporo: about 96.8 km (approx. 1 hours 28 minutes)
[by JR Train]
7:30am JR Sapporo station DEP by "Limited Express Suzuran 2"
8:32am JR Shiraoi station ARR
15 minutes walk from JR Shiraoi station
*Return: 2:27pm JR Shiraoi station DEP by "Limited Express Suzuran 7"
Round-trip ticket fare from Sapporo to Shiraoi:
- Unreserved Seat: 3,560 yen per person
- Reserved Seat: 6,200 yen per person
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||None|
|Payment method||- Advance Payment by online credit card.
- Advance Payment by overseas bank transfer.
(Japanese yen only. Please pay the additional bank transfer fee.)
* Note: Payment is due 3 days before the tour date.
Travel conditions, etc.：
This program belongs to Hokkaido Treasure Island Travel inc.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before you apply.
Cancellations made by customers will be subject to the following penalty fees:
* 1 day before the tour: 40% of the tour fee
* On the day of the tour: 50% of the tour fee
* No show on the day: 100% of the tour fee
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 3 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Senior Vice President
We offer various exciting private tours for sightseeing and experience-based tours. Please contact us.
Learn about Ainu people, an indigenous people of Hokkaido!
Company:Treasure Island Short Trips
Address:9F Daito Building 8-1 Minami 2-jo Higashi 2-chomeChuo-ku, Sapporo Hokkaido