Adult (ages 13 and up): 8,000 yen
Child (ages 7 to 12): 5,000 yen
30 Dec - 31 Mar Required
Approx. 4-6 hours Language Japanese,English
Experience absolute silence in a silvered, frosty Betula Ermanii forest. We will introduce you to a true winter world through our most famous and popular guide in the Hakodate area.
Your climb will take you beyond the highest lift, a tour that provides breathtaking, panoramic views of Onuma, Mt. Komagadake and Funka Bay.
Hige-san (Mr. Beard), an outdoor guide with 25 years of experience, will conduct your tour.
Our experienced guide knows everything about the Hakodate area. Maximize your fun and knowledge with the help of Mr. Beard!
Leave your footprints on the untouched snow! It's an easy hike with snowshoes.
Falling on the powdery snow is painless! Let's lie down in the snow and look up at the sky!
Having lunch in the snow field.
|Program||Guided 5-hour backcountry tour with lunch|
Price per adult (ages 13 and up):8,000 yen
|Available time period||
2018-12-30 - 2019-03-31
|Required time||Approx. 4-6 hours
*Starting time 9:00
(We can arrange a starting time to suit your schedule. Please mention your desired time in the “Request” column on your application form.)
|Requirements for participation||*Ages 7 and up
*Minimum 2, maximum 8 participants
*This program will accept beginners or participants who are not fully confident about their stamina. Our guide, Hige-san (Mr. Beard) will be there to assist you on the tour.
|Things to bring / required items||All the necessary equipment, such as telemark skis, snowshoes, and poles are included.
Ski wear and snowsuits are also available on your request.
|Included in this fee||Guide fee, equipment rental fee and taxes and lunch|
|Not included in fees||Ski lift ticket|
|Meeting location||Exander Onuma Canoe House|
|Address of meeting location||
Onuma 22-4,Nanae-cho, Kameda-gun, Hokkaido
22-4 Onuma, Nanae-cho, Kameda-gun, Hokkaido
3 minutes by car from JR Onuma Station, 5 minutes by car from JR Onuma Koen Station
Show Big Map
|Pick Up Service||Pick-up and drop-off service available from JR Onuma Station or JR Onuma Koen Station.
Please include the request on your application form if you need the sevice.
|Payment method||Pay in cash (yen only) on site|
highlights in this area
|Check out the “Country Kitchen Wald” restaurant
French/Italian style country meals. Especially the pizza made with local vegetables, it's so delicious!
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 3 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
WATANABE, Kunihiro (Hige-san)
We provide you with a fun-filled tour through our staff members who know the Onuma area very well!
Try snowshoeing or cross-country skiing in winter mountains and forests!
Company:Exander Onuma Canoe House
Address:22-4 OnumaNanae-cho, Kameda-gun Hokkaido