No.4257Otaru Private Full-Day Tour with Local Licensed Guide (from Sapporo)
Guide only (per group)：23,000 yen
[Option] Sedan for 1-3 ppl (per group)：54,000 yen
[Option] Van for 4-8 ppl (per group)：62,000 yen
[Option] Minibus for 9-20 ppl (per group)：86,000 yen
[Option] Upgrade to Professional guide (per group)：15,000 yen
All season program Required
7 hrs Language English,Chinese
This is not only sightseeing but also a great chance to talk with a local. They also answer your questions about Japan, Hokkaido, our daily life, and anything else you're interested in.
The stone buildings that were built for the Tanaka Sake Brewery Kikkogura in 1905 have been designated as historic buildings by the city of Otaru. Enjoy free samples of Shiboritate Nama Genshu (fresh Japanese Sake) and 10 other kinds of sake made right on the premises.
Otaru Canal was built in the 1920s as a channel connecting warehouses and the Port of Otaru, which thrived as the gateway to Hokkaido during the period of land reclamation. Stone-built warehouses and gas lamps stand along the 1140-meter-long canal, recalling the area’s heyday.
Sakaimachi Street is for shopping! You can enjoy the biggest Musical box museum in Japan, Kitaichi glass where you can purchase a variety of beautiful glass and even you can have tea time with famous Otaru sweets like LeTAO, Rokkatei, and Kitakarou! You might see the colorful ice cream which you never ever seen before!
Otaru Triangle (Sankaku) Market
"Sankaku", it’s mean the triangle. The origin of the name is that the land and the roof is in the form of a triangle. Just 1 min from the JR Otaru station, then you can enjoy very fresh seafood like the salmon, salmon roe and sea urchin. Please enjoy your lunch here with delicious Hokkaido local food!
＊Optional for with Chartered Vehicle
The Old Aoyama Villa (Kihinkan)
The villa is a symbol of herring fishing history in Otaru which took 6 years to be completed. The traditional alcoves and the gorgeously sculptured fanlights are built in rosewood (Shitan) or Japanese cedar and or so. The paintings and calligraphy on the sliding doors in various rooms are genuine treasures. They were created by Gyokudo Kawai, a great master of Japanese painting working with his disciples.
Visit Tanaka sake brewery and learn how they make Japanese-sake there. Of cause, you can taste it, too!
Enjoy sightseeing and shopping at Sakaimachi Street. There is the main store of a famous cheese cake chain stores Le Tao!
if you go to Otaru, you should try the fresh seafood! We will arrange a local restaurant for your lunch.
|Program||Otaru Private Full-Day Tour with Local Licensed Guide (from Sapporo)|
Guide only (per group):23,000 yen
|Available time period||
All season program
|Required time||7 hrs|
|Schedule||The itinerary can be adjusted to your pace or request.
Meet your guide at the hotel you're staying
Go to Otaru by train or chartered vehicle
Tanaka Sake Brewery "Kikkogura"
Lunch at a local restaurant
Sakaimachi Street --- Musical Box Shop, Kitachi Glass Shop, LeTAO
Sankaku seafood market
Return to Sapporo by train or chartered vehicle
Arriving at the meeting place
*Schedule and destinations may be changed due to the traffic or weather condition.
|Requirements for participation||Minimum: 1 person|
|Things to bring / required items||- Comfortable walking shoes
- Winter gear and snow boots with non-slippery soles (Dec-Mar)
- Rainwear or umbrella for the rainy day (Mar-Dec)
|Included in this fee||- English Speaking Licensed Guide
- Local taxes
[Option] w/ Chartered vehicle:
- Japanese speaking driver
- Fuel fee
- Local taxes
|Not included in fees||- [w/Guide only] Transportation for you and your guide (Train 1280 yen per person + about 3000 yen per taxi)
- Entrance fees (The Old Aoyama Villa 1080 yen per person)
[Option] w/ Chartered vehicle:
- Highway fees 2440 yen
- Parking fees about 1500 yen
|Meeting location||Centrally located Sapporo hotels|
|Address of meeting location||Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido|
|Pick Up Service||By guide|
|Payment method||[Tour fee: ] Advance Payment by credit card
[Others: ] By cash or credit card on the day
*Credit Card Guarantee is required if your group has more than 5 people or you request to book a specific restaurant.
Travel conditions, etc.：
This program belongs to Hokkaido Treasure Island Travel.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before you apply.
- 2 days before: 30%
- 1 day before: 40%
- On the day, before the starting time: 50%
- On the day, after the starting time or No show: 100%
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 1 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Senior Vice President
We offer various exciting private tours for sightseeing and experience-based tours. Please contact us.
This is a private tour without other people. Our friendly guides are friendly and accommodating. You can walk on your pace without rush.
Company:Treasure Island Short Trips
Address:9F Daito Building 8-1 Minami 2-jo Higashi 2-chomeChuo-ku, Sapporo Hokkaido