Adult 3000yen Child 2000yen Infant 500yen Available
All year Summer season: 11th May - 30th Sep. Winter Season: 1st Oct - 10th May Required
about 90 mins Language Japanese
Everyone's 30 minutes star watching plan chosen by the professional at Lake Mashu without any light and sound.
Lake Mashu 1st observatory is the stage where we can see the Japan's clearest lake under eyes. This is one of the observatories at high altitude around Mashu area. We can almost 360°'s view and we can see the star though the eyes.
Our guide will talk about present stars at Lake Mashu in the sky with the updated atronomic information. In addition, we can teach you how to take photo of stars if you want.
Mt. Mashu and Mt. Syari are lighted up by Isaribi. Pleiades overhead too.
We will guide you stars with pointer so that everyone can know which star we are explaining about.
We may see Winter Diamond in the sky including the Olion and other constellations.
|Program||Lake Mashu Star Watching Tour|
|Available time period||
2017-04-01 - 2018-05-10
|Available time period Detail||All year
Summer season: 11th May - 30th Sep.
Winter Season: 1st Oct - 10th May
|Required time||About 90 minutes|
|Requirements for participation||*Please do not participate our tour if you have heart diseases, pregnant and drunk.|
|Things to bring / required items||Summer: Please prepare warm enough clothes as much as possible. You may feel cold especially in Spring and Autumn.
Winter: Please prepare warm clothes as much as possible such as warm clothes like ski wear, Knit Hut, Gloves, Boots and Neck warmer.
*Please do not join the tour wearing Yukata, Geta, Slippers and any other unsuitable clothes.
|Included in this fee||Guide, Insurance|
|Meeting location||Kawayu Onsen|
|Address of meeting location||Teshikaga Genya,Teshikaga-cho, Kawakami-gun, Hokkaido|
|Pick Up Service||Free pick up service from accommodations in Kawayu Onsen
Summer(11th May～30th Sep) : Departure 20:30/ Arrival 22:00
Winter(1st Oct～10th May) : Departure 19:30/ Arrival 21:00
*Please be at the lobby ten minutes before the tour starts.
*Pick Up service is from Kawayu kanko Hotel, Kawayu Daiichi Hotel Suikazura, Hotel Kitahukuro, KKR Kawayu, Oyado Kinkiyu, Yunokaku Ikedaya, Kawayu Park, Hotel Parkway.
If you stay different accommodations from hotels above, please come to our office.
|Payment method||Pay by cash|
highlights in this area
|About 65% of Teshikaga town is registered as Akan National Park and true nature is still much left. Please enjoy nature here!
【scenery】Lake Mashu, Lake Kussharo, Mt. Iwo, Kushiro River, Kawayu Onsen
【Food】Mashu Soba, Potato Dango, onsen egg, Softcream
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 3 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.
Tourism Teshikaga was established to be economically independent business having a vision of "Boast our town, be Prode of our town" to contribute to the development of the town by Ecotourism.
We will guide you a interesting story of the stars. Although this tour is in Japanese only, you will enjoy the beautiful star under the clear sky.
Address:2-3-16 Kawayu Onsen, Teshikaga-cho, Kawakami-gun, Hokkaido, JAPANTeshikaga-cho, Kawakami-gun Hokkaido