No.4120 [Program currently off season] [Winter]First in Hokkaido, our clear kayak tour in Lake Shikotsu, rated at number 1 for Japan's purest water for 9 consecutive years !
Price per person : 5,500 yen
（12 years and up)
Child : 2,500 yen
(4 years and up /
from July to September only)
Approx. 1 hour and half
Our clear glass-bottom kayak tour, the first in Hokkaido. Experience the clear, crisp clear waters of Lake Shikotsu with this amazing craft, only 20 of which have been imported to Japan!
Ginkgo, Maple… Enjoy the variety of autumn leaves.
The Kokanee salmon also miraculously changes colors when they begin spawning in mid-October.
Lake Shikotsu slowly settles in for the long winter. Enjoy viewing the frosticles on the trees and other wild animals around the lake, which never freezes. Wintertime Lake Shikotsu is known to have the clearest water in Japan.
The great nature is waiting for you
Your tour starts from The Chitose River. 'Blue River' shines in a mysterious blue color invites you to the Lake. The lake becomes calm and quiet in Autumn. You may see the reflection of the mountain on the lake.
You don’t feel cold during the tour with wearing dry suit. Rainy day, snowy day… You feel comfortable in any weather condition. Clear Kayak in Hokkaido. Let’s make a winter memory in here.
It’s a clear glass-bottom kayak! It gives you a strange feeling, as if you're both in and above the water. Looking at the mountain covered with snow on a peaceful lake. Why don’t you spend such a luxurious moments?
|Program||[Program currently off season] [Winter]First in Hokkaido, our clear kayak tour in Lake Shikotsu, rated at number 1 for Japan's purest water for 9 consecutive years !|
Price per person（12 years and up):5,500 yen
|Booking benefits||※Free gift CD-R (of pictures taken during your tour)
・We can't always guarantee that they will be of the best quality, so please feel free to bring your own camera!
※Half price (500 yen) Onsen ticket at the Marukoma Onsen, where we are currently celebrating its 100th year. For use before 3pm. Please let us know if you would like to buy a ticket.
|Available time period||
2016-11-01 - 2017-03-31
|Available time period Detail||November-March|
|Required time||Approx.1 hour and half
(including preparation and wrap-up)
An early morning or sunset tour is also available upon request if the schedule allows.
Please ask us first.
|Requirements for participation||- Ages 4 and up
- A parent must accompany the child
- Children 140cm and under can only participate during the July to September tours.
- This program is not recommended for those whose are pregnant.
|Things to bring / required items||(Autumn)
A change of clothes (just in case)
earmuffs or a knit hat to cover your ears/ snow gloves (ski/snowboard winter gloves)
A change of clothes
|Included in this fee||・Photos taken during your tour
・Kayak activity fee/ Kayak/ guide fee/ wet suits for the winter season
|Meeting location||Guest house Shikotsu Kamui|
|Meeting location Detail||Please set the destination on your car navi system for Shikotsu Lake.
Guest house Shikotsu kamui is alongside the parking lot.
|Address of meeting location||
Lake Shikotsu Onsen outdoor parking lot,Chitose, Hokkaido
70 minutes from Sapporo
40 minutes from New Chitose Airport
(by train and bus)
45 minutes from Sapppro to New Chitose Airport.
Take the bus from the airport to Lake Shikotsu
●Public Bus Timetable
From New Chitose Airport (Bus stop No.28) to Lake Shikotsu
8:40 / 11:40 / 14:35 / 16:30
Return to New Chitose Airport from Lake Shikotsu
9:50 / 12:50 / 15:45 / 17:45
Show Big Map
|Payment method||Cash (yen) only, paid on site|
*The days in gray mean that this activity is not available on that day.
* Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
* Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
* Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
* After applying, the guide/instructor will reply you about your request within a few days via email.
* If you don't receive a reply from the guide/instructor within a few days after submitting the request form, please kindly contact the guide/instructor directly.
* The deadline for submission of request is 2 days before the desired date to allow for processing time. Therefore please send request early.