Everyone's 30 minutes star watching plan chosen by the professional at Lake Mashu without any light and sound.
Latitude North 43°, Longitude 144°
Lake Mashu 1st observatory is the stage where we can see the Japan's clearest lake under eyes. This is one of the observatories at high altitude around Mashu area. We can almost 360°'s view and we can see the star though the eyes.
Our guide will talk about present stars at Lake Mashu in the sky with the updated atronomic information. In addition, we can teach you how to take photo of stars if you want.
All season program
Summer season: 11th May - 30th Sep.
Winter Season: 1st Oct - 10th May
Summer(11th May～30th Sep) : Departure 20:30/ Arrival 22:00
Winter(1st Oct～10th May) : Departure 19:30/ Arrival 21:00
*Please be at the lobby ten minutes before the tour starts.
*Pick Up service is from Kawayu kanko Hotel, Kawayu Daiichi Hotel Suikazura, Hotel Kitahukuro, KKR Kawayu, Oyado Kinkiyu, Yunokaku Ikedaya, Kawayu Park, Hotel Parkway.
If you stay different accommodations from hotels above, please come to our office.
highlights in this area
【scenery】Lake Mashu, Lake Kussharo, Mt. Iwo, Kushiro River, Kawayu Onsen
【Food】Mashu Soba, Potato Dango, onsen egg, Softcream
Winter: Please prepare warm clothes as much as possible such as warm clothes like ski wear, Knit Hut, Gloves, Boots and Neck warmer.
*Please do not join the tour wearing Yukata, Geta, Slippers and any other unsuitable clothes.
* We still go up to Lake Mashu Observatory even if we may not be able to watch star.
* We may cancel the plan due to raining, snowing and any other unsuitable condition.
* We will see the weather condition and contact you at 18:30 through receptionists of your hotel on the day if the tour can be run or not.
You may cancel the tour before 18:30 on the tour date without any cancellation fee if you think the weather condition is not suitable for watching star .
- *Please click on a day in the calendar, enter your information and click submit.
- *Submission of this request form does not complete the reservation process.
- *Applications are on first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, even if the application was submitted successfully, there is a possibility that the activity has already been fully booked. If the guide cannot accept your request on your desired date, the guide/instructor may offer you other dates as an alternative.
Tourism Teshikaga was established to be economically independent business having a vision of "Boast our town, be Prode of our town" to contribute to the development of the town by Ecotourism.
We will guide you a interesting story of the stars. Although this tour is in Japanese only, you will enjoy the beautiful star under the clear sky.
Address:2-3-16 Kawayu Onsen, Teshikaga-cho, Kawakami-gun, Hokkaido, JAPANTeshikaga-cho, Kawakami-gun Hokkaido
- Terrestrial Activities
- Freshwater Activities
- Saltwater Activities
- Sky/Aerial Activities
- Agro/Fishery Experiences
- Winter Specialties
- Ice Fishing
- Dog Sledding
- Snow Tubing / Igloo Making
- Snow Rafting / Banana Boat
- Winter Sky Sport
- Winter Horse Riding
- Drift Ice Walk
- Ice Walk / Ice Diving
- Photo Tour
- Winter Canoeing
- Winter Bike Riding
- Snow Drifting
- Nature Watching
- Snowshoeing / Skishoeing
- Ski / Snowboard
- Snowcat Tour
- Backcountry Riding
- Activity + Taxi Packages
- Activity + Taxi Packages